Opening Titles - Evaluation

Opening Titles Evaluation

I was given the task of creating my own film title sequence. I began this project by researching the
title sequences of a variety of different films such as Se7en and Skyfall. The similar thing about both of these title sequences is that they include interesting images, which will help intrigue the audience to watch on and this is a key necessity for a movie title sequence. Secondly, they all name all the top people in the film in order to attract an audience, for example, the Skyfall opening titles include Daniel Craig's name to attract his fans.

First of all, I decided on a plot which involved a character being killed and the killer going on the run, in a cliff hanger. I decided to use a cliff hanger in my opening title sequence because it will help keep the audience watching the film.










After filming my project, I begun the editing process using Adobe Premiere Pro. First of all, I arranged the footage into the order I wanted it by deleting parts of certain clips. After this, I added credits of actors and directors involved in the production, which was inspired by the sequences I had researched and exciting titles which would thrill the audience such as KILLER! in the 'Chiller' font to shock the audience and make them feel fear. Secondly, I altered the brightness of some shots to make it look darker, which would make the audience fearful of the plot.












After having put the main components of the final project together, I researched a piece of music and put together the soundtrack using Adobe Audition. After listening to the complete piece, I edited the piece by deleting moments of silence and then, I blended all of the pieces of music to make the edits I had made sound seemless. After this, I added the music to the project to create the final piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuart Hall's Representation Theory

Radio Drama - Research & Idea

Connotations of movie poster