Short cuts

Short cuts

spacebar = start and stop the video or audio. I obviously used it a lot when stopping and starting the video to search through to find specific points.

backspace = delete the section you have selected (the deletion key has a tendency to move sections). I used it a lot when i was cutting apart and altering the video to delete bits that weren't going to be seen.

c = turns on the razor tool, used to cut parts of a clip in two. I used this a lot when cutting apart and deciding what parts of the video was going to be seen along with cutting the parts that didn't need to be there after syncing the audio to the video.

v = switches back to the arrow tool. I used it a lot to go back to moving things after using the cut tool.

cmd+z = undo. I obviously used it to go back on mistakes I made as I went.

cmd+x = cut. I used to copy things to then paste elsewhere, mostly when moving things around. unlike copy, it removes the originate, so its also a good alternative to backspace.

cmd+c = copy. It copies things and then pastes a duplicate elsewhere, also used for moving things around, and its also helpful as you don't lose the original piece when you copy it.

cmd+v = paste. I used it to paste the things I copied and cut.

cmd+a = select all. Used to select everything in the timeline. Useful for moving and editing everything, especially  if you're syncing.

cmd+b = add bin. Used to quickly add a bin in your sources, very useful for organisation.

- + = zoom. Zooms into the timeline, useful when syncing or doing close work with small sections.

i = in. Set an in point for the section of the source you're pulling from.

o = out. Set an out point for the section of the source you're pulling from.


arrows L R = scan track. Lets you go slowly left and right on the track, which is very useful for close work and choosing the right point to set an in or out out to cut. I used this the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuart Hall's Representation Theory

Radio Drama - Research & Idea

Connotations of movie poster