Induction

On the first day of induction, I was introduced to two of my tutors, Justin & Luke, who guided us through an introduction to the course. I was given time to socialize with my class by asking them questions about themselves and things that relate to them, which allowed to get to know my peers. I was put into a group with two of my peers and we were sent on a trail around the college, which allowed me to get to know my way around the campus.

In the afternoon, I was put into a group with three of my other peers and we were given the task of creating a 1 minute short film about a given object. In our case, we were given a black umbrella. I contributed the idea of the umbrella having enigmatic and supernatural qualities. After devising ideas for the storyline of our short film, we published these ideas in the form of a storyboard, which helped us to structure our trailer. After completing the storyboard, we went out around the campus to collect test shots of the opening shots of our short film. Our test shots allowed us to get an idea of what our shots will look like when we produce the film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuart Hall's Representation Theory

Radio Drama - Research & Idea

Connotations of movie poster