Poster Analysis

Poster Analysis

Research
To create my poster, I researched other images and posters that advertised Doctor Who Series 11. Some of these images included objects and characters such as The TARDIS, The Doctor and the companions. In addition, I used one of my own images of the top of a cliff which would act as the setting of my poster. In consolidation, this would appeal to my target audience of science fiction fans or more particularly Doctor Who fans, as I have used images associated with the show such as a police box, which will give fans a sense of familiarity.

Image result for doctor who jodie whittaker costumeImage result for doctor who series 11 characters







Creating my poster






After getting inspiration from these images, I designed my poster on paper using text and drawing pictures. Afterwards, using Photoshop, I structured my poster (left) by cutting out certain objects and characters from the pictures I researched and placing them on to the background. After placing the images in position, I added typical conventions of a movie poster such as a release date, titles and the names of actors, writers and directors, which may help boost the audiences. In addition, I added effects such as drop shadow in order to make my primary text stand out to the audience. Also, I used colour effects to create an eery, space vortex effect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuart Hall's Representation Theory

Radio Drama - Research & Idea

Connotations of movie poster